Wednesday 9 May 2007

What was I thinking?

I completely forgot about an appointment I'd made for this evening - to see someone who was going to help me with the job hunt back home. The College has appointed my successor now, so it really means that there is no going back for me. This guy is a management consultant who does careers advice in his free time because he enjoys it, and I just completely forgot about it. I feel really bad about wasting his time, especially because he'd doing me a favour. We've rescheduled for next week, and I really hope I don't mess this one up too...

I'm not the most organised person at the best of times, and when I'm stressed, its even worse than usual - fortunately work is fairly demand driven at the moment, so I don't need to be organised, just respond to whoever is shouting loudest at that point in time. The one thing that does need care and attention is the handover notes for Richard (my replacement), so of course, those have yet to be done - although I did make a start today.

I got a bit of a shock when I arrived home - I'd forgotten that Nicole was babysitting Ella this afternoon, so when I walked in, our (Zoe's) moses basket had been set up and there was a baby inside. For a fraction of a second, I did a double-take and then remembered what was happening.

Just for a fraction...

No comments: