Some points from PJ's sermon that stuck with me
- Four Options: No God, Bad God, Weak God, Good God
- He does it to rouse us to Him - "unless you repent, you too will perish" is JC's response to the collapse of the tower.
- He does it to rouse us to heaven - we are kept oblivious to eternity.
- In the end, it boils down to whether I trust God or not - if I do, the Good God hypothesis is easy to accept, if not, it becomes impossible.
- The whys don't (and cannot) comfort, only the who can comfort
The last was the one that really struck home - I cannot find comfort or meaning in the minutiae of why things have happened in the way that they have, it will not change them to know why. I can only find it in the one who made them happen - when I know him, the whys will cease to be of consequence.
At cell tonight Gary spoke of love languages - more of this later...